How do I fix a monitor resolution problem?

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Thu Jan 1 23:23:35 CST 2004

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004, Joe Brouhard wrote:

> minimalistic setup.  I've had major gripes with RedHat's kudzu setup

kudzu!

That's the evil application I tried to forget!  Technically, there is no
such thing as a hardware conflict with pci devices.  That is, unless the
software is so horribly buggy.  The pci bus was specificly engineered to
prevent conflicts.  X on your system is not the problem.  Your video card
or your mouse drivers are not the problem.  Kudzu is a dumbass.  This
might be why people have a new nickname for redhat.  Yes, Redhat made
grand contributions to the linux distributions as we know it today, but
they have always had severe problems with quality assurance.  Kudzu is the
worst offender ever.  You will spend more time and money for technical
support over that evil hardware detection gremlin than anything Windows
could throw at you.  Get rid of kudzu and you shall live in peace.  Good
riddance to that beast!

I like what redhat has done over the years, but kudzu makes it difficult
to believe in the greater good.  Down with kudzu.