question about changing Apache "Authorized Required" page to other page

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Apr 16 13:42:08 CDT 2004

Your search in the IE browser is set to use lycos.com.  You should first try to change it by click
Search button, click Customize or Change Preferences, Change Search Behavior,  from there you
should see what you want to change.  Some of these option tags will be different depending on your
browser and OS version.

On a few PCs where the user had spyware and other problems, it was not possible to change from this
menu.  I had to go into the registry and search for all keys that contained "homepage" and "search"
 and edit the ones containing the offending search page.  There are semi-viruses/malware that
hijack the home page and the search page.  In this case you should always check
HKLMSoftwareMSWindowsCurrentVersionRun and RunOnce and see if there is anything that will reset the
search to the offending site after a reboot.

Brian Kelsay

>>> "Joe Cho" <jcho at jcho.net> 04/15/04 08:17PM >>>

One of my computer using Mozilla displayed the right page that is supposed
to be.
I edited the httpd.conf file and restarted,
It works fine as I expected.

And one computer using Windoze 2K, Internet explore browser is having
problem. Maybe http://search.lycos.com/ search engine is hidden somewhere in
the computer.
So that whatever I asked and doesn't exist then, it display this weird web
page. I guess.

Last thing I need to take care of is that I need to remove this evil stuff.