question about changing Apache "Authorized Required" page to other page

Kendrick-LUG kulua at linux2themax.com
Fri Apr 16 06:53:00 CDT 2004

Joe Cho wrote:

>Thank so much,
>You are absolutely right.
>One of my computer using Mozilla displayed the right page that is supposed
>to be.
>I edited the httpd.conf file and restarted,
>It works fine as I expected.
>
>And one computer using Windoze 2K, Internet explore browser is having
>problem. Maybe http://search.lycos.com/ search engine is hidden somewhere in
>the computer.
>So that whatever I asked and doesn't exist then, it display this weird web
>page. I guess.
>
>Last thing I need to take care of is that I need to remove this evil stuff.

actually yes it does there is a option to shut off auto search as well
as in the ieak for modifying all those options.  ieak allows you to
permantly set for example what ie does when a 404 occurs and if it goes
to a search engine you can tell it which.  it is buried deep in the
options where i cant remember how to turn it off.