ipcop and modem [solved]

darkweb4 darkweb4 at gbronline.com
Mon Apr 12 22:17:14 CDT 2004

First of all, let me thank both brians, dj_goku, and uncle
jim for their help with my modem problem.

The modem model number on the box was 2919, which is
supposed to have a rockwell chipset....but the chips on the
modem
were Lucent chips....go figure.

I applyed a init string (ATs109=0) that was for the 2919L
model.  it seems to work.
I also disabled PnP (or Plug and Pray (thanks brian)) on
both the modem and the BIOS.  The BIOS had some satting
where
you could say "ISA card installed" or some such for each of
the IRQ's.  on IRQ 3 I sellected this setting.

Further specific information to follow, as I must get dinner
before going to work. :D

My modem workie!

Thanks again,

Tim