San Diego Supercomputer Center job

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Apr 12 15:22:30 CDT 2004

My brother lives in San Diego. I used to.
As an example his $250K house is worth about $70K here.
He got it real cheap it was a fixer-upper. Living in CA
and being a homeowner in CA are also two different things.
Don't know what rent is these days.

Well surviving in San Diego requires more than $$$. I've seen the
way they drive!

Now to bring it back on topic. Anyone else interesting in building our
very own linux-super-computer-cluster? I really like the idea of doing a
Flash-mob type event in say the early Fall. We might be able to get Sprint,
UMKC, local IBMers, local Linux companies and maybe a few local PC sellers
to sponsor the event,donate some equipment for a day, and maybe even manpower.
I think it's a great idea to try and get one built and put into the top 500,
but just building one and making it work as a super-computer is the real goal.
Maybe if we lowered the basic speed of machines and increased the number of machines
we could get more individuals to contribute. It'd make a great event for publicity
for Linux the LUG and the local companies doing Linux.

Brian