IBM Deathstar Hell

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Sep 16 13:53:01 CDT 2003

True. Almost all drives have bad sector straight out of the factory.
I know I used to build them for IBM many, many years ago.
But the IDE drives have firmware that manages the bad sector table
and you should ****never*** ***ever*** see an IDE drive report a
single bad sector. That's why it's called "Intelligent Drive Electronics".
When they do it is an indication the drive is failing, because the firmware
can no longer manage the bad sectors. Period.

Brian