Clustering for databases

ismgr ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Mon Sep 15 13:45:48 CDT 2003

On Friday 12 September 2003 08:19 pm, Brian Kelsay wrote:

> In case anyone is getting ready to work on such a thing and needs some
> direction.  I figured in a week or so Chris Wagner would be wanting to
> do this.  Just joking Chris.  I said that because you have implemented
> so many Open Source programs in recent history.

No need for apology. It's true.  :-)

If I really knew what I was doing, it would be even better.  ;-)

I'm getting ready to be let go here at the end of the year (sigh), and have no
idea what I'm going to do. (budget cuts, and my job is the most expendable)

I don't have the skills to get an IT job in the city, so I'm going to be
shifting careers, which is actually fine with me. I'll keep plugging away at
Linux at home and from time to time, will pop in with moronic questions for
you to laugh at.   :-)

I'm learning a tremendous amount of information about system administration
and Linux from all of you, and I appreciate the list alot. I appreciate all
the feedback I get here and despite the yips and flames, I feel like this
list still continues to help.

I just want things here at this office to work and be cheap, because we have a
small staff and the future IT budget looks like slim to nil, so I am trying
to implement AS MUCH open source software as I can, for economic reasons, if
nothing else.  :-/

That's aside from the fact that it just works.  :-)

Take care, all.

Chris