Clustering for databases

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sat Sep 13 01:18:31 CDT 2003

In case anyone is getting ready to work on such a thing and needs some
direction.  I figured in a week or so Chris Wagner would be wanting to
do this.  Just joking Chris.  I said that because you have implemented
so many Open Source programs in recent history.

http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/09/11/222240&mode=thread&tid=126&tid=137&tid=163&tid=185&t
id=198

Ask Slashdot: Open Source Database Clusters?

Posted by Cliff on Thursday September 11, @06:45PM
from the prime-time-league-contenders-yet? dept.
grugruto asks: "A lot of open source solutions are available to scale
web sites with clusters but what about databases? I can't afford an
Oracle RAC license but can I have something more reliable and fault
tolerant than my single Postgres box? I have seen this recent article
that looks promising for open source solutions. Do anyone have
experiences with clusters of MySQL , Postgres-R, C-JDBC or other
solutions? How does it compare to commercial products?"

--
" * Portions Copyright (c) 1995 Caldera, Inc.  * Neither Greg Page nor
Caldera, Inc. admit liability nor provide * warranty for any of this

Hmmm.