news servers

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Thu Sep 11 03:57:07 CDT 2003

Gerald Combs wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Brian Kelsay wrote:
>

>>Tried it last night and it just times out.  I guess I can get the stuff
>>I want elsewhere on the net, but I missed using usenet from the old days.
>

> It looks like you have to enable some sort of account at GigaNews?
>
>     http://comcast.giganews.com/

Got it working yesterday.  Way faster than some of the other servers I
was hooking up to.  Only problem is the funky user name and password
they assign you and that Mozilla 1.4 doesn't seem to store the passwords
correctly.

--
" * Portions Copyright (c) 1995 Caldera, Inc.  * Neither Greg Page nor
Caldera, Inc. admit liability nor provide * warranty for any of this

Hmmm.