Stop top posting, please.

Chris Wagner ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Fri May 23 13:45:42 CDT 2003

> There really is a
> correlation between youth and a lack of consideration
> to the effects one's actions have on others.  It will
> always be this way because none of us are born with
> this this tendency to consider other people built in.

I try to stay out of topics like this because it's difficult at times for me
to accept other's opinions, especially when they are different than my own.
That's not an easy thing to admit to for anyone that I know, especially me.

But I think that Adrian put it well when it was stated that "none of us are
born with this tendency to consider other people built in".

Unfortunately, that statement has two sides. It's not a one-sided argument -
but it's easy to see it as a one-sided argument.

Personally, I couldn't agree more with that statement.

Whether things have changed or not, I can't want to get away from the fact
that this list is a Linux User Group. I take that pretty much at literal
value and see the group as a resource for anything Linux. At times I feel
like the threads get political and sometimes downright hateful - but I pick
and choose which ones to follow because that is my choice.

Call it what you want - me being a newbie, being young, or whatever - but
everyone has the right to voice their opinion - whether the opinion is going
upstream or not........and I see enough "us" vs. "them" stuff on a daily if
not hourly basis - I just don't want to see that on KC LUG.

My opinions may not reflect the group's opinion. But I am a member of the
group nonetheless, as are you all.

May not mean much, but all I ask is that we try to be understanding of each
other.

Chris