eth0 not staying configured

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Wed May 14 04:28:36 CDT 2003

Jim Herrmann wrote:

> I bought my wife a new motherboard for Mother's Day (get it? ;-) ),
> and upgraded her from Mandrake 9.0 to 9.1.  I have everything working
> fine, except that the network doesn't remain configured.  I can
> configure it with the Mandrake tools once it's booted, and everything
> works great.  Upon reboot, which my wife does daily as she like to
> shutdown at night, the network configuration is lost again, and I have
> to go through network setup again.

Just saw that no one has replied. I would like to help but know nothing
about how those GUI tools have changed the configuration process. Is it
possible that the network driver is getting loaded after the config
files are probed? Perhaps the boot process is where you should look first.

--
Jason Clinton
I don't believe in witty sigs.