eth0 not staying configured

Jim Herrmann kclug at ItDepends.com
Wed May 14 02:27:43 CDT 2003

I bought my wife a new motherboard for Mother's Day (get it? ;-) ), and
upgraded her from Mandrake 9.0 to 9.1.  I have everything working fine,
except that the network doesn't remain configured.  I can configure it
with the Mandrake tools once it's booted, and everything works great.
Upon reboot, which my wife does daily as she like to shutdown at night,
the network configuration is lost again, and I have to go through
network setup again.

Suggestions on what I should look at and what configuration files might
be involved that Mandrake is not writing out properly.  Any help would
be appreciated.  And yes, I know, I'm too damned dependent on those GUI
tools.  :-)

Thanks,
Jim