sudden hda problem

Chris Hoelscher mohoelx at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 14 02:14:15 CDT 2003

I've got a 'router' box that just went belly-up.  It's Mitel Network's
free version, which is Red Hat (probably 6.x vintage) based using ext2.
What I get is it starts to boot up, (get the Mitel splash screen,
uncompressing Linux, starts through the hardware, gets past identifying
the floppy) and then I get a hda not ready error - complains about a
particular inode and block.

Me-thinks my drive is toast, but was wondering how to force an fsck on
boot, and what parms might be best to try in this type of situation?

Thanks -
--
Chris Hoelscher <mohoelx at sbcglobal.net>