Display on Bash

Ben Coffman Ben_coffman at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 27 02:48:59 CDT 2003

Jonathan,

Thanks for the suggestions.  Both suggestions you said (message and wall)
would work.  But I am looking for more of a bash script or perl script that
would simply output some text to the command prompt.  Not a prefabricated
program.

When I say script, I mean computer code (to be specific).  Something along
the lines of ....cout or
        printf or
        echo,

Something real basic, a place to start with a program.  Lets say I can have
the script output a statement;  then later I would add some more and have it
output random statements that I programmed.  It would be simply for me to
have a starting point.

I hope this helps, I didn't mean my description to be so abstract.