Open Wireless AP...find the owner?

Jonathan Hutchins jonathan.hutchins at tesco.net
Sat Jul 12 09:45:14 CDT 2003

On Saturday 12 July 2003 04:48 am, Matt G wrote:

> installed netstumbler just to make sure I couldn't find my ap like that.
> Mine didn't show up, which is good, but I found 2 others.  One seems to be
> protected, but one of them is totally open.  I can get an ip and get online
> etc.

What part of town are you in?  What IP did you get?  There's some kind of AP
near me that kept puting out an address for eth1.9 for some reason - appeared
to be blocking my own AP.

Then again it could be me - I saw some shady indications that my DLink WAP was
willing to run open even after I had locked it down.