Open Wireless AP...find the owner?

Matt Graham linux at bizniche.com
Sat Jul 12 14:43:43 CDT 2003

I'm thinking this is some guys in my neighborhood.  I can tell it's a
linksys router, and it's using a Roadrunner connection.  I get a
192.168.1.* IP.  I get full strength connection, so I'm thinking he's
got to be close.    I found this AP with netstumbler in the first place.

I'm not looking to say "Ha!  Your network sucks" and I doubt he is
trying to call the police or anything.  I just want to help him get this
network secured.  Maybe share a connection with him or something....play
some games?  Get him on my WASTE network?  You know...just to fool
around.

Hmmm....There IS a little strip center near here...about 1000 yards
away.  There used to be an internet café there...and there are a few
small businesses.  Seems a bit far to get such a good connection,
especially on a linksys / roadrunner setup.

Hmm..