You say MODE-EM, I say Modem

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Thu Jul 10 04:34:03 CDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Mailing List Account for Jason Runyan wrote:

> something else.  One of the worst cased is the word hacker.  Another one
> is CPU.  Just ask someone average who has a computer about their cpu,

No.  That big whirring box underneath the monitor is called the hard
drive.

Every time I hear a computer called a hard drive, I cringe.

I remember back in the good old days when computers used to crunch
numbers.  Millions of times per second.  Those were the good old days.
Young whippersnappers these days are domesticating these fine marvels of
engineering into consumer devices.  Especially after they load this
mysterious software called, "Windows."  *sigh*

--
http://dattaway.org