Closed Circuit Video on Linux

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Feb 28 00:35:14 CST 2003

Quoting Jared Smith <jared at trios.org>:

> If you simply double-pane with very thick glass, and allow air
> to circulate freely between the panes, sound will not be
> transmitted between the two rooms. Sound _would_ be transmitted
> if the glass were sealed, but if air can move freely, and both
> panes are quite thick so they're only affected by low frequencies,
> you will effectively reduce sound vibrations between the
> two panes to nothing.

While we're straying dangerously off topic here, it's cool to know some
professional-grade audiophiles are on-board.

I wonder if what Jim's after is a way to eliminate that big, flat,
accoustical reflector from the room?  That was what I assumed, though
he does speak of "isolation", not reflection.  He was also talking
about leaving the window to the drum room in, so you're probably right.

It's just so "we solved that in 1921" that I didn't take it seriously.