Webrings - A good thing?

James Colannino email2jamez at covad.net
Thu Feb 27 07:08:33 CST 2003

Hey everyone.  I'm trying to think of low budget ways that I can get
some meaningful traffic to my site to help get a following for my new
online magazine, and I was wondering if webrings would be ok for a site
that is supposed to be at least somewhat professional, or if it is
something that would be extremely, or even somewhat looked down upon,
hindering my site's success.

I've noticed that by joining webrings for a particular group or hobby, I
have been able to greatly increase traffic (and meaningful traffic, not
just people passing through.)  However, I also don't want it to reflect
poorly on my site's image, and am not sure if it would do more harm or
good.  Any ideas are appreciated :)

James
--
The New Penguin Times: A New Linux Online Magazine
http://linuxarticles.gumsole.net/