Closed Circuit Video on Linux

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Thu Feb 27 15:48:58 CST 2003

I guess it all depends on what you want to accomplish.  If you just want
to be able to show the control room when the drummer gives a thumbs up
to start recording, just about anything will work.

If you are expecting professional musicians to pick up visual timing
cues from cheapo PC cameras and monitors, forget it.  You would need
dedicated circuits,  HD video cameras and 4 foot HD monitor screens for
that.

I would go with decent vide cameras, monitors and a video suite so you
could capture video from recording sessions for use in music videos.

--
A marble traveling at 22,000 miles per hour would strike with as
much force as a 400-pound safe traveling at just 60 miles per hour.