RedHat

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Feb 25 20:30:06 CST 2003

Quoting Jason Clinton <clintonj at umkc.edu>:

> You may also find that your life in Linux would be easier if you left
> the RedHat RPM nightmare.

I didn't see anything in his message to indicate he was having any
trouble with RedHat or RPMs.  I've been running RedHat since version
1.<something>, and I've only had a couple of RPM problems, one of which
was my own fault.  I installed Mandrake RPMs on a RedHat system and
eventually paid for it.

If you have a problem with RPM's, I'm sure that someone here would be
glad to help you, but it sounds like you're doing some gratuitous
evangelical RedHat bashing.

Better than 75% of the applications, howtos, tips, and guides on the
internet are either available for or targeted specificly for the RedHat
distribution.  RedHat's a fact of Linux.