PowerPoint for linux

Jason Clinton clintonj at umkc.edu
Tue Feb 25 18:15:18 CST 2003

Mathur, Sachin (UMKC-Student) wrote:
> I am using RH 7.3 and need to use a tool for power point
> presentation. I've looked up on the internet and got discouraging
> reviews for staroffice.
>
> Can anyone gimme some information on which tool is the best for PP.

StarOffice 5.2 was horrible, yes. StarOffice 6.0 and OpenOffice 1.0.2
(which is free from (http://www.openoffice.org/>) represent about three
years of developement. OpenOffice is excellent and certainly exceeds
Microsoft Office in capacities and execution.

KPresenter for KDE is also superb for presentations. IIRC, both are
capable of reading and writing Power Point files with a high level of
accuracy and their native XML based formats are extremely efficient.

You may also find that your life in Linux would be easier if you left
the RedHat RPM nightmare.

I am a UMKC student as well. What school are you in? Have you received
as much resistance to Linux from the administration as I have?

--
Jason Clinton
I don't believe in witty sigs.