[OT] KC Independant Media Center and other politics

Jim Herrmann kclug at ItDepends.com
Tue Feb 25 06:06:43 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 17:44, Jared Smith wrote:
> <related muse>
> Driving through Independence the other day, I saw a
> sign indicating how far it is to Liberty. "Liberty 14"
> read the sign. I mused out loud "How many millions of
> people throughout history have longed to be only
> fourteen miles from Liberty?" :-)
> </muse>

And the cool thing was that it's 14 miles from "Independence" to
"Liberty".  If only it was that easy.  Was it not Ben Franklin that
said, "He who gives up liberty for security, deserves neither."  Read
the Patriot Act and weep for our country.  Old Ben would be rolling in
his grave.

Peace is Patriotic!
Jim Herrmann