removing php from the system Solaris 9?

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sat Feb 15 22:40:40 CST 2003

Quoting Joe-Cho <joecho at everestkc.net>:

> What does it mean by network status or setting?
> When I tried to peek it into the file configure file by using editor
> vi it doesn't allow me to open, it just show funky file like
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> that's all.

Could it be corrupt?  Have you checked the MD5SUM of the source tarball
against the distribution site?

> Now, at this stage, I removed the source file and the entire
> directory
> /usr/local/lib/php and /usr/local/lib/php.ini file.
> but, one thing I have noticed that PHP still works without those
> source file and php directory.

What does "locate php" yeild?  How about "which php"?  Where
does /etc/php.ini?

Apache also has internal PHP handler modules, which may be what's
happening here.  In that case, you'd have to recompile those modules
with the appropriate options, or use the external handler.

Relevant lines from httpd.conf
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP>
LoadModule php_module         modules/mod_php.so
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP3>
LoadModule php3_module        modules/libphp3.so
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP4>
LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP>
AddModule mod_php.c
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP3>
AddModule mod_php3.c
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP4>
AddModule mod_php4.c

# These types cause httpd to let the PHP interpreter handle files with
    <IfModule mod_php4.c>
        AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .php3 .phtml
    <IfModule mod_php3.c>
        AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
        AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps
    <IfModule mod_php.c>
        AddType application/x-httpd-php .phtml