removing php from the system Solaris 9?

Joe-Cho joecho at everestkc.net
Sat Feb 15 16:37:53 CST 2003

Hi, Duane,

>It looks like it is looking for a network status or setting or something
>at this point inside the configuration script.  I'd peek in there and see
>what's up.

>I'm completely guessing.  I don't know what your system is like.

What does it mean by network status or setting?
When I tried to peek it into the file configure file by using editor vi
it doesn't allow me to open, it just show funky file like

#!/bin/sh

that's all.

Now, at this stage, I removed the source file and the entire directory
/usr/local/lib/php and /usr/local/lib/php.ini file.

but, one thing I have noticed that PHP still works without those source file
and
php directory. The PHP seems there are more files, executable files
somewhere.

I tried to configure that again and again with the fresh file
PHP-4.3.0.tar.gz
and unzip and extract this file.

and tried to configure with the option like this:

./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.37 --enable-track-vars
 --with-gettext=/usr/local/bin

but, I still get a same result.
One thing, it passed the system checking, and it stops the next line like
this:

checking for Cygwin environment ... no
checking for mingwiin32 environment ... no
checking for working sed ... sed
checking host  system type...sparc-sun-solaris2.9
Updated php_version.h

That's it, there is no more progress.

I have tried it more than five or six times this.

I need a tool to remove this PHP completely and reinstall it again.
but I can't find any place to get tool.

Any recommendations?

Joe Cho
joecho at everestkc.net