I need some advice about Open-Source

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Wed Feb 12 07:07:14 CST 2003

I have an idea. I want to create an online repository of open-source audio
recordings. Now that CD-burners have become so ubiquitous and everyone's
mother-in-law uses a computer with a built-in microphone, it seems like it
would be easy to create an online collection of people talking or singing
into their computer.

Never mind what I want it for - that's too complicated to explain. In
essence, I want a web front-end for a site that people use to upload,
download, rate and discuss open-source audio recordings that other people
made and uploaded.

We're talking about gigabytes of data here... Thousands of them.

Who has that sort of space? Universities?

Any ideas?

-SD