OT: Linksys router question

Bradley Miller bradmiller_kclug at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 29 05:07:48 CST 2003

I just picked up a Linksys Wireless 4-port router for the home, I have
another Linksys -- the Cable/DSL router.  I was hoping to get both working
on my network.  Right now I've got the standalone router unplugged and the
wireless 4-port in it's place.  The problem is, that's in the
basement.  Ideally I wanted the wireless to be upstairs where I could get a
good signal through the entire house.  Any suggestions on how I can go
about this?   I *thought* I could figure this one out . .. I plugged into
the internet side of the wireless router and it found my cable/dsl router
and got an IP, gateway, and DNS info through DHCP.  I assigned the wireless
to assign from 192.168.1.200 on up and the normal router from 100 on up.  I
don't know if there is something that I need to do for bridging the two
networks ? ? ? ?