Hyper vine getting out of DSL service

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Mon Dec 29 02:24:39 CST 2003

Brian Kelsay wrote:

> What if you use dyndns.org?  They do DNS for you on the subdomain
> system, e.g. brian.homelinux.net.  So would that be blocked?  If I
> send an email from someuser at someuser.homelinux.net, is that blocked?

  A static IP is only $2/mo extra.  We do use DDNS for our internal
network DDNS works - sort of. The bind and DHCP packages are a messy
implimentation. The truth is that they should both use the same
database. There is a way one could combind the data bases putting the
DHCP leases in as a comment for the bind db - but really this needs to
be cleaned up, but isn't due to standards politics.

Karl Schmidt EMail    Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street  Ph(785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049    FAX(785) 841-0434

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't
matter. -- Mark Twain