Hyper vine getting out of DSL service

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Mon Dec 29 02:18:48 CST 2003

Patrick wrote:

> I know many of us don't like AOL, but as a part of spam protection many
> places block DUL (D=Dialup and now DSL) Users. So be aware for outgoing
> mail you may still have to use an intermediate server. Inaddition many
> also use Reverse DNS...

this has not been a problem for us  - and we use a static IP mail server
on a DSL line. If it becomes a problem - I can imagine telling my
customers that if they want email support, they will have to get a
different provider. I think  it is mostly a threat against irresponsible
ISPs and would be very bad for AOLs business.

Karl Schmidt EMail    Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street  Ph(785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049    FAX(785) 841-0434

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't
matter. -- Mark Twain