What makes Linux great?

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Tue Dec 23 00:22:11 CST 2003

> On the subject of alternatives to Access, does anyone know of a good
> resource to learn how to create MySQL databases?  I can find tons of info
> on how to access MySQL databases, but nothing on how to create them.
>
> Is it even possible to create a basically flat-file dbase in MySQL?

I think you can make a flat database, but it would basically be a single
table.  Imagine a spreadsheet and there you have the single table
database.  Now if you mean flat file, like a series of small text files,
you could also do that with a single table and a bunch of small text
files stored as objects in that single table.

I have seen some beginning books on MySQL at Barnes & Noble.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/002-6940085-7332064
I think I picked up this one in the book store and it looked pretty
clear and concise.
http://tinyurl.com/34ks9
No reviews up yet.
There are some basic books for people who have never created a database,
but you have to look and sometimes they are labelled as intermediate.