Hyper vine getting out of DSL service

Patrick pert at tas-kc.com
Wed Dec 24 17:26:58 CST 2003

I know many of us don't like AOL, but as a part of spam protection many
places block DUL (D=Dialup and now DSL) Users. So be aware for outgoing
mail you may still have to use an intermediate server. Inaddition many
also use Reverse DNS...

220-America Online (AOL) and its affiliated companies do not
220-     authorize the use of its proprietary computers and computer
220-     networks to accept, transmit, or distribute unsolicited bulk
220-     e-mail sent from the internet.  Effective immediately:  AOL
220-     may no longer accept connections from IP addresses which
220      have no reverse-DNS (PTR record) assigned.