mount question

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sun Dec 28 15:19:17 CST 2003

On Saturday, December 27, 2003 10:37 pm, pamisano at kc.rr.com wrote:

> I have another question.  I am trying to use an parallel zip drive.  I have
> added the imm module and am able to mount the zip drive.  However, when it
> is mounted using:

> mount -t vfat /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip

> Only root has access to that folder, i can't even view the contents.  I
> have tried chmod -v 755 /mnt/zip and it says it worked, but still only root
> has rwx access.

According to the Zip Drive Mini-HOWTO (http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/
ZIP-Drive-6.html#ss6.4), the following entries in /etc/fstab should work:

/dev/sda1    /zip            ext2            noauto,rw,user,nosuid,sync
/dev/sda4    /zipdos         vfat
noauto,rw,user,nosuid,sync,mode=0777

You can append the "rw,user,nosuid,sync,mode=0777" using the -o option for
mount if you don't want to set up the fstab yet.