Lexmark Printer - Hip deep & sinking

Robert Kennedy erwin_k_r at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 04:21:15 CST 2003

Hi Brian and Others,

This printer business is driving me nuts. My command
line skills must be so feeble that I'm missing
something basic.

Searching around I discovered that

/var/spool/lexmark/Z35Driver/

contains a bunch of stuff. Config files, pipes, etc.

I also found directories named

/var/spool/lpd/lexmark/
/var/spool/cups/lexmark/

They are empty.

I've been trying to copy the contents of the first
directory into the others, but I can't seem to get it
done properly.

I created a Z35Driver directory in both locations. I
finally changed to the source directory and did "cp *
/var/spool/lpd/lexmark/Z35Driver/"  There are 21 files
in the source directory. Only 10 copy to the
destination. None of the pipe files copy, for example.

I've also had two instances of Root Bash lock up on
me.

Any other suggestions are most welcome.

Bob Kennedy