Lexmark Printer - Hip deep & sinking

Robert Kennedy erwin_k_r at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 00:31:56 CST 2003

--- Brian Densmore <DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com> wrote:
> [...]
your_prompt$:/full/path/to/script/lexmarkz25-z35.gz.sh
--------------
Brian,

Well, my lack of practice with the shell turned this
into a loooong process. Konqueror sees the file name
as "QZ" while the Konsole shell idnetified it as "GZ".
 First CD'd to where I'd parked the file in my Home
directory. I managed to verify the file as OK and then
unpack it with the SH command. Where any unpacked
items ended up I have not a clue. I got the message
"Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server"
"Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to the
server."

Well, I backed off and tried again. This time I made
sure I started the session as SU.

After much fumbling I created the directory mentioned
in the readme "/usr/local/lexmark/z25-35" then I
copied the .sh file there. I entered that directory
and used the SH command. The thing verified and
unpacked again, but Konsole shows nothing but the
original file in the directory I created. Again no
clue where anything went. Yast2 shows no new printer
profiles installed.

I got the message "Couldn't connect to display ":0.0"

I'm going to shut down the system and see if that
helps.

Thanks for the help,

Bob Kennedy