Wiki software suggestions...

amoore at mooresystems.com amoore at mooresystems.com
Thu Dec 11 06:04:45 CST 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 11:50:37PM -0600, Matt G wrote:

> That totally helps..I got usemod-wiki installed pretty quickly.  I like it a
> lot.  I'm also wanting to try miniwiki.  Maybe you can help me with an
> install question.

Great! UseModWiki is a pretty good one, and a popular one at that. I bet
it does all you want.

 <snip about installing Aapche::MiniWiki>
> should something like that work?  or am I missing something here?

That requires mod_perl, which while it's one of the benifits, may also
be the downfall here. Do you have a mod_perl enabled apache? At least, I
believe it requires mod_perl, and I would imagine that it has that
requirement set up so that apt-get can find it.

You should be able to hit http://example.com/wiki/ and see the default
page. It should at least give you something in the apache error logs
that gives you a few clues. Note that I'm assuming that /wiki is where
you put it, which is where your 'PerlAddVar vroot "/wiki"' and where
your 'Location' directive seem to indicate that it is.

Your apache config looks pretty good, and I couldn't find any problems
with it. It looks suspiciously similar to mine, in fact. I bet the error
logs (/var/log/apache/error.log) may help you out a bit. If you can get
the default page to show, there are links on there for help and editing
your template.

Let me know if you need more help. I'm glad to help you out. This is a
straightforward wnough problem that we should be able to dig you out of
it.

-Andy