Decent, Networkable Color Printer

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Dec 2 20:07:17 CST 2003

Ah, sorry. You want to make sure you install some open source
print drivers like gimp-print. Then you select a driver that
matches your printer. Yes, you need to know where your printer
is connected. KDE has some gui applications to show you what
is connected to your USB ports.
If you don't want to go that route, the information will be
buried in the /proc directory tree. I can never remember where
without scanning the subdirectories, /proc/sys/usb/*, /proc/devices
and /proc/bus are what come off the top of me head.