Gentoo NIC drivers

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Tue Sep 24 00:42:20 CDT 2002

Either that, or I'd try to compile it from another computer and put it on
a floppy for loading.  I've actually installed gentoo on two computers
with no cdroms.  A person can get real creative when things don't go
right.  >:)

I'm unpacking the stage1-ix86-1.2.tar tarball and... ouch... its not
there...  I think I know what I did: I booted from a set of slackware
floppies to get a working kernel and network and chrooted into the stage1
install.  That's what I did!  If you can stand loading 5 slackware
floppies to get a working shell and insert the network disc to modprobe
the e100 driver (slackware _does_ have it) then you should be in business.
Hopefully, all that doesn't scare you!