Gentoo NIC drivers

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Tue Sep 24 00:20:17 CDT 2002

Ok, thanks. However, my problem is that they didn't include either one on the
livecd iso image so I can't connect to the internet to download my stage 1 tar
file and start the compile process. I tried to compile a driver to use on a
separate system using the 2.4.19 source tree. However, it didn't work (and I
tried both drivers). Probably due to the fact that it's an xfs-r1 modified
kernel and I have no idea what kinds of patches they have applied to the running
kernel on the iso image. The only way I got the compiled drivers to even attempt
to load was to edit the version.h file and make it say '2.4.19-xfs-rc1'. Even
after I did this, I get the 'init_module: No such device' error from insmod. So
my problem is I need _compiled_ drivers for the 2.4.19-xfs-r1 kernel that is on
the livecd-ut2003-i586-1.4.1.iso image for my Intel Pro/100 S NIC... any ideas?