Getting cable

B. Liggett brad at liggett.org
Wed Sep 18 19:19:09 CDT 2002

Depending on the cable company (and the installer, I suppose), if they find
you have older splitters in the house that will kill your signal they will
replace them as part of the install.  You may find that they'll even replace
the fittings at the end of some of the cable lines, or even the lines
themselves.  Your downstream power level needs to fall within +15 to -15
dBmv on the downstream.  The higher the upstream level, the better.
Generally, anywhere above +27 dBmv yet not much higher than +50, and a good
signal to noise ratio should be fine.

Out of curiosity...which cable company?

BL