Getting cable

Kurt Kessler kessler2k at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 19:34:33 CDT 2002

Comcast in Independence. I did have cable at one time
with them before. The existing wiring was in the house
when we moved in, so its age is??? Although the last
time, the installer did the 'cheapo' route, and just
ran a new line to where the computer was. My speeds
were between 1.3 and 1.5 always. But now we are
gettting the basic service too, and i want my tv's all
hooked up. My 'new' office, is about 15' from where
the cable enters the house. That is why I was
wondering if it is advantageous to have it split
closer to the modem, or if it makes a difference. Just
want to make sure I am more informed this time round.
Isn't a whole lot on the net about this, unless you
take everything at dslreports as the gospel...