Need help with decision.

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Fri Sep 13 13:49:59 CDT 2002

I really think that your decision will be based upon what you really
want/need out of a computer system.  If the computer that you currently have
meets/exceeds all of your current and anticipated needs, then I'd be hard
pressed to recommend buying a new system.  If you think you might want/need
a faster machine but want to be able to run your current apps, I'd look into
getting a newer G4 system with OS X.2.  That way, your system migration
should be much easier, with the added benefit of running an OS that sits on
top of a BSD kernel.  You can also install Yellow Dog Linux if you want the
full Linux experience.  If you want to go straight Linux and want a new box,
then you might look into getting a PC with Mandrake pre-installed from
www.walmart.com.

This is just one man's opinion.  Let me know if you have any questions.  I
have a good friend who is a HUGE Mac-head, so I can always pick his brain if
you decide to go with a new Mac solution.

Gene