failed install of KDE 3

J. Eric Gilliland patzeric at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 19:04:22 CDT 2002

Some time ago I had a failed attempt to install KDE 3.
Since then, when I try to start Tuxracer or several other
games, I get the hourglass wait symbol for a while, then
the game fails to start.  Is there any way to uninstall the
failed KDE 3 install.  It partially installed because I got
a lot of new game icons, but none of them work and KDE 3
will not actualy start.

I apologise for this extremely poor information, but I am
at work now and cannot give more from memory.  I can give
more info tonight after I return home.

I might resolve this by waiting for the full release of
Mandrake 9 and then bringing my box to a meeting for help
installing it.  This is problematic, however, because I am
going to be out of town a lot this fall and winter for
work.

Thank in advance,

Eric Gilliland

=====
J. Eric Gilliland
patzeric at yahoo.com
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
                                  Henry V Act 4 Scene 3