n00b queston

frank paxton iii ng0n at kc3ol.dynip.com
Tue Oct 15 21:37:44 CDT 2002

Hi:
I ran Slackware back in '95 - then went to work at Sprint PCS and got
turned to the dark side: Windows.  I did have fun running the Sun
workstations on the lab floor for a year....
Last week, out of curiosity more than anything else, I dl'd rh8 and
installed it.
Things have changed !  A lot easier install.  I haven't run chmod once
yet.  Ugggg.. did have to run VI... that program will NEVER DIE ....

So... I got it all working and have only 2 issues left.  Maybe you can
help ?

1> KDE screensaver blanks but does not paint screen with selected design
routine.  Need to fix that... and would also like to call Gnome
screensave from inside KDE... the got some trippy graphics.

2> Wine working nicely but FreeCell won't come up when called from KDE
menu.  It works FINE from the terminal.  Sol.exe works fine both ways !
Go figure.  I have sol.exe in the the 'system32' folder, whereas
freecell and it's dlls are in their own dir.  Why would that make a diff
when called from KDE ?

If you'd had your install party a couple weeks ago I would have
lightened you load by 3 cds !  O well.

Nice to meet you all, God Bless and remember the Alamo. Carry on.

/ frankenstein