Newbies input

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Wed Oct 16 11:46:25 CDT 2002

Hmmm.  Undisclosed, eh?

Listen, there is no "they" when it comes to Linux.  There's only you.
Nobody's here to do things for you, nobody is responsible for holding your
hand just because they helped you out once by giving you a CD.

Yeah, Linux is for everybody.  Everybody who wants to put the effort into
learning and working on it.  Everybody who's willing to share what they
know, and ask questions.  It's not for somebody who demands a pre-packaged
system with all the decisions made for them, that's Microsoft's world.

That said, there are lots of resources out here, and lots of people willing
to help.  There are even some who are willing to do things for you.  You can
even hire a consultant, and then there will be someone with certain
responsibilities to you.

You seem to have found some resources, it sounds like you can do as much as
the average Linux user.  If you want to learn more, go for it.

I don't expect somebody to help me shovel out the stall just because they
told me where to buy a good horse.