Gentoo Linux

Lucas Peet lpeet at eccod.com
Wed Oct 9 03:48:37 CDT 2002

Well, I went out on a limb...I had GRUB configured to (hopefully) multiboot
to my Win2K drive, as well as Gentoo.

CDROM is hda
Win2K is hdb (hd0)
Gentoo is hdc (hd1)

I was trying to install GRUB to (hd1) and told my bios to boot to D first.
Instead, I installed GRUB onto (hd0).  SUCCESS!  And I can dual boot from
the GRUB menu to either Gentoo OR Win2K.  Nice!  Don't know what was wrong
with the other configuration though...As it turns out, Gentoo locked while
enabled IEEE1294 communications (2 way to/from the printer) and I guess my
cable isn't compatible with that.  I'm pretty sure the printer is though -
HP Laserjet 6MP.  Guess I get to recompile the kernel again...

-Lucas