This hits the nail right on the head with users/Linux

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Tue Jun 18 14:00:28 CDT 2002

If Mozilla is working out your hdd check to see if it's the swap usage
(which I assume you did since you're looking for RAM) and think about
maybe rearanging your swap. It helps a lot if you have a second
controller/hdd that is rarely used to put your swap on. If you can find a
cheapo card and hdd for like $20 you might be surprised how much it helps.
If you can't afford that then possibly try tweaking the swap size up and
down. I like to make my swap twice the size of my physical ram but keep it
at 128M or less. To much swap space on a busy drive can mean a lot of
extra work for the drive. If you don't actually need that much swap space
it helps to shrink it. Also I've found that if you turn a browsers own
page caching off and use a local proxy server like Squid it tends to
reduce demand on your system (and with Netscape greatly reduces crashing
and mem leaks).

I got some ram off of Ebay pretty cheap. Unfortunately it had gold pins
and my cheapo motherboard can only use tin. Blah teach me not to look
inside the case before ordering. :P

The girl who stoops to conquer usually wears a low-cut dress.