blowing off microsoft stink

david nicol whatever at davidnicol.com
Wed Jun 5 19:32:20 CDT 2002

zscoundrel wrote:

> That is what I found most humorous!  The fact that we could
> out-microsoft microsoft at their own game!
>
> After all, it's not OUR fault if people send us money without being
> fully aware of what they are buying!!!  After all your honor, we are
> just a poor little group trying desperately to bring X-windows to the
> masses, and X-windows has been around for a long time now, and along
> comes bad old Microsoft creating confusion with their poorly named game
> console.  You see, it is not OUR fault the people don't pay attention to
> details.  We would be happy to refund the money to anyone that is
> willing to ADMIT they are so STUPID they send money to someone they
> don't know for something they don't understand . . . . (grin!)

Jeremy Fowler's threats of legal action notwithstanding, what would have
to go into an "X box distribution?"  I'm thinking a LTSP boot diskette
that would do DHCP and then load everything from a mainframe somewhere
within Communitech, and then crap out after about a week if you don't
pay the bill.

For people who have roadrunner and would like to see "that linux thing"
they've heard about.

Anyone at Communitech feel like discussing feasability off-list?

--
Mad, adj.:
        Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence