gentoo linux

MBSmith at dstsystems.com MBSmith at dstsystems.com
Wed Jan 30 19:49:16 CST 2002

The grub examples from the gentoo docs show the kernel command as:  kernel
/boot/bzImage root=/dev/hda3

The above example assumes the root system is on /dev/hda3, obviously.  Did
you lay out your file systems like gentoo's exmples, ie. hda1=boot,
hda2=swap, hda3=root (not that you have to, I'm just trying to understand
your install)?  I wonder if your kernel command below is looking for
bzImage in the root of (HD0,0) - is this where your kernel is?

I'm no grub expert, but I just followed the gentoo docs and it worked
first time, and maybe I got lucky.  Also, re the 'Read Only Filesystem'
errors, I assume you got the appropriate fs modules (reiserfs, ext3...)
built into the kernel OK?

Cheers
Mark Smith

"Chris Midkiff" <chris at datacaptech.com>