mandrake

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Wed Jan 30 17:08:40 CST 2002

On Mandrake systems, the kernel .config that they used is copied to /boot,
so you can start from there by copying it to your new kernel directory as
.config and do a make oldconfig, then do the normal make xconfig or whatever
you prefer to shut off things like ISDN and ATM support.  It saves a little
time..  Then remember to copy _your_ .config back to /boot for next time.

It's a good idea to mount /boot read-only, good call Brian..

Later,
	Tony