New distro

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Jan 30 15:39:38 CST 2002

> From: Jonathan Hale [mailto:maclaoch at earthlink.net]
> now... just a few
> suggestions, if I may (kind of a "I don't have time to do
> this myself right
> now, but if I were):  I would start out by referencing the
> Power Up To Bash
> Prompt (http://www.netspace.net.au/~gok/power2bash/) and
Thanks for the link. It looks like a how-to. Great!

> Linux From Scratch
> (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/view/3.1/) documentation.
Pulled that down too. thanks.

> Debian as the base, as I believe it is still considered by
> most to be the
> "purest" GNU/Linux distro (follows the File System
Yes "purest" or perhaps "purist" ;)
(personally I didn't like debian, although apt-get is great)

> At some point, you might want to
> consider adding some kind of CVS support for the project so others
> can participate.
Excellent idea! I'll add a cvs (ala sourceforge) to my server. That
means I need to add that new HD soon. I'm sure I'll need a few gig for a
CVS.

Do we have anything set up for the Feb 6 demoday? If not I'll try to get
some kind of rough rough draft together for that meeting.